If you have God’s Story 365, you may or may not have gotten to the story about Jesus as a kid—the only story the Bible has. If you haven’t it’s all about the time Jesus got left by his parents at the temple … for 3 days! But he didn’t mind, because he was in God’s house. Well, right after that story, we read this verse, from Luke 2:52:
We don’t know exactly what this means, since Jesus is also God’s Son, and God knows everything. Yet we do know the Bible says he gained more wisdom, or knowledge, as time went on. Spend a little time thinking about that verse as a family:
- What does the Bible mean when it says Jesus grew in wisdom? Stature? Favor with God and all the people?
- What kinds of think do you think Jesus learned?
- How are you growing in wisdom? How about stature? And favor with God and others?
- What is the hardest thing you’ve ever learned?
- What’s one thing you’d like to learn?
Extra challenge: Choose one thing to learn as a family! Then identify a really fun way to learn that thing together, and go do it.